|Job Title:||Release Manager|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£0.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2017 17:08|
Contract. Leeds. 6 Months+. Public Sector. Outside of IR35 scope.
Release Manager required to start in Leeds (late September.) The Applications Development, Training & Support Team is at the forefront of this crucial activity and improvements need to be made to improve the software delivery processes. This role will provide a expertise in implementing ALM process, chiefly around the management of Team Foundation Server (TFS).
The Release Manager will be accountable for using TFS to maintain multiple development environments in support of the ALM process The in house development/test teams use TFS to manage all aspects of the lifecycle process including requirements/progress tracking (LEAN, KANBAN etc.), build and deployment automation (Microsoft's Release Manager) and test plans (working with the Test Manager).
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensuring all aspects of the ALM process are adopted, maintained and documented.
- Ensuring adherence to relevant Change and Configuration Management processes.
- Ensuring required information can be extracted from TFS and presented appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Owning the TFS build and release process, including the system administration of these processes.
- Maintaining key business stakeholder engagement to ensure accurate identification of requirements and alignment to these within TFS.
- Applying changes and customisations to TFS to support the ALM process when required.
- Ensuring the TFS infrastructure is updated in line with latest releases and associated services.
- Maintaining responsibility for permissions and ensuring TFS licensing is in line with usage.
- Responsibility for creating TFS Teams and other containers within TFS.
- Actively share knowledge with colleagues and participate in cross-team knowledge transfer.
Skills and Experience required
- Microsoft TFS
- Practical working knowledge of at least one modern 3G language
- Practical working knowledge of programming concepts
- Unit Testing Frameworks (MSTest, NUnit or similar)
- Use of a source control solutions (TFS VC, Git)
- Extensive use of all aspects of a software release management tool or tools
- Reviewing and validating technical design specifications
- Maintaining and enforcing ALM processes
- .NET development
- Extensive experience of systems analysis/ development
- Implementing Automated Build and Release
- Experience of leading a team desirable
For more information please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Technical Project Manager - Infrastructure, Networks, Security
£350 - £400 per day
IT Manager - Aberdeen - 4 weeks
£0.00 per annum
Senior Technical Analyst - Permanent - Gourock
£30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits
SERVICE DESK ANALYST / 1st LINE SUPPORT / HELPDESK ENGINEER
Ayr, South Ayrshire
£100 - £120 per day + DOE
Sitecore Architect - Sitecore - Azure - Manchester
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£0.00 - £500 per day