Robotics Computer Scientist
|Job Title:||Robotics Computer Scientist|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + 0.08% - 0.18%|
|Contact Name:||Adam Johnson|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2018 08:57|
Salary range: £40,000 - £99,000
Equity range: 0.08%-0.18%
This startup is developing the first viable automated handwork robot for glasshouse vegetables - revenue opportunity $13.2B replacing seasonal migrant labour like-for-like, firstly the $950M spent picking main tomato varieties - using their own AI computer vision platform, initially as lead in a $1.6M consortium. The CEO worked at Google for 5 years and studied at Stanford.
With real challenges to solve, you will be working as part of a team, looking at problems like robotic sensing and path planning, identify the sensible algorithmic route, and implement that - validating against the real robots in the lab, and in the field. It's a great opportunity to learn more about cutting-edge machine learning and computer vision too.
You will make use of advanced deep AI Computer Vision, robotics, autonomous vehicles and Machine Learning technologies, so any experience there is a major advantage. Similarly, work is driven by statistics-based research, so project experience in those areas would help enormously.
As employee #16, this is an exceptional chance to join at the start and help define the company culture. You'll need to be technically credible - and nothing says credibility like shipped code.
Think you can real-time fuse three different cameras in your lunch break? Let's talk.
- Assist the research team with integrating new technology / research into our stack - improve software quality whilst preserving research velocity
- Develop ROS support / integration for mobile platforms, robotic arms, linear actuators and sensors
- Work on improving our motion planning and decision making capabilities
- Implement and execute parameter search experiments e.g. to find the - optimum robot mounting position, motion planning settings or gripper finger configuration
- Assess software viability, complexity and timescales
- Lead fixes (and get hands dirty) on critical important and urgent tasks
- Test, debug and tune the robot software stack
- BSc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, mathematical engineering or undeniably equivalent practical experience
- Relevant MSc or PhD
- Python skills and good ROS knowledge (and can upskill the team)
- Strong motivational skills, creative technical thinking and clear communication
- An active Github profile or code repo you're proud to share
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrices, statistics)
- Control loop design and optimisation
- Algorithmic understanding of motion/path planning; kinematics
- Experience with graph theory and search algorithms
- Worked with or developed low level hardware drivers
- Working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and computer vision
You'll need to be willing to work from their funky office in London.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's