SC Cleared 1st Line Support Officer
|Job Title:||SC Cleared 1st Line Support Officer|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£120 - £130 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2017 12:14|
SC Cleared 1st Line Support.
Contract. Milton Keynes. 9 Months+. Central Gov. Outside IR35 Scope. £120-£130 Per day.
SC Cleared 1st Line Support Officer required in Milton Keynes. The role is required to provide entry level 1st line support for various IT systems and services, acting as the point of contact for Incidents and Service Requests raised by our Customers via the Service Operations Service Desk function.
The 1st Line Analyst role will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and administrating the Service Desk mailbox and phones.
- Logging and recording all Interactions, Incidents and Service Request tickets ensuring they are accurately raised, correctly categorised and prioritised and that business expectations are well managed through effective communication.
- Providing First Contact Resolution (FCR) within a predetermined timeframe (where possible) utilising Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) and subject matter expertise.
- Actively monitor and manage all resolver group queue stacks ensuring that the SLA clocks do not expire, tickets are continually updated with progress and/or are appropriately escalated (functional escalation) between resolver groups.
- Performing end to end ticket management through the review and quality assessment of all 'resolved' tickets and performing ticket closure activities.
- Managing the expectations of the end user throughout the lifecycle of the Incident or Service Request ensuring that continuity is maintained across all shifts through appropriate communication and handover.
- Seeking clarification and approval from the Incident Manager before prioritising an Incident ticket to P1 or P2 and resultantly declaring a Major Incident.
- Supporting the Incident Manager during the Major Incident process fulfilling any process role assigned to them (i.e. maintaining the ticket history / Incident timeline).
- Liaising with the Problem Manager to help gather written or verbal updates, workarounds or permanent fixes to in flight Problem records.
- Contributing documentation on known issues / errors, workarounds and permanent fixes to the central knowledgebase used by the 1st Line roles across the Service Desk.
Skills and experience required
- DV or SC security clearance. **Required
- The jobholder will need to be flexible, adaptable and willing to work where needed to meet Customer demands and thereby gain a broader skill set and wider business perspective.
- Previous experience of working within the Service Desk, Incident and Request Fulfillment process disciplines.
- Good personal planning and organisational skills (attention to detail).
- An understanding of Central Government and OGD systems and HM Government security regulations.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, preferably ITIL V3.
- SQL database knowledge
- Knowledge of IT Service Management toolsets i.e. HP OVSD and HP Service Manager (SM9).
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SC Cleared Senior Project Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£450 - £500 per day
VMware Deployment Engineer - Linux, vSphere - SC Cleared
Up to £400 per day
1st/2nd Line Support
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£200 - £225 per day
IT Project Support Officer / PMO 12 mths, Edinburgh, £150-210pd
£150 - £210 per day
Application Support Engineer - Glasgow - Permanent
£23665 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits