SC Cleared Deskside Support Engineer
|Job Title:||SC Cleared Deskside Support Engineer|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£180 - £195 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2018 11:07|
SC Cleared Deskside Support Engineer
Contract. Central Government. Outside of IR35 Scope. £195 Per day. 6 Months +
SC Cleared Deskside Support Engineer required for initial 6 month contract. As deskside support engineer you will focus on providing on-site, desk-side and remote technical support for End User Technology environment, this will include builds, maintaining hardware and fixing technical problems as quickly as possible. You will provide first time resolution by troubleshooting and diagnosing or escalating faults (or both) to senior team members, incident managers and problem managers to investigate and resolve.
- Incident management - Coordinates the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation. Identifies the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitors resolution activity and progress updates to customers. Understands key change management tools and processes.
- User focus - Understands users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engages in meaningful interactions and relationships with users.
- Ownership and initiative - Takes ownership of incidents and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes accountability for actions taken and decisions made. Working - Owns an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated and / or resolved.
- Asset and configuration management - Conducts the lifecycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, and warranties. This includes managing usage, disposal, compliance, inventory, sustainability, cost optimisation and protection of the asset portfolio. Helps to improve investment decisions and capitalise on opportunities. Complies with international standards for asset management. Documents information relating to the assets including identification, classification and specification of all items, and information related to storage, access, versions.
Skills and experience
- Experienced in the creation of Knowledge Based Articles, and training of users with the ability to communicate clearly at all user levels
- Experienced in working with Secure Mobile Technologies including the handling and management of Cryptographic material and associated Security Procedure
- Experience across a full range of Windows Client and Office suites, including Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - MS Office 2013, 2016 and Office365
- Knowledge of Virtual Private Networks
- Experience in working alongside many aspects of the ITIL3 environment such as production, problem & change management, and quality assurance.
- Proficiency with traditional networks and mobile networking technologies
- Good working knowledge of certificate based authentication
- Good working knowledge of EUD build process, automation and streamlining
- The ability to create and support Operational Process documentation, for use across the business
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, SCEP, WSUS, McAfee and Ivanti Endpoint Security Suite
For more information please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Support Assistant
Up to £29135 per annum
IT Support Officer - 2nd Line
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£15 - £20 per hour
£110 - £130 per day
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Contract Dev Ops Engineer
Up to £388 per day