SC Cleared Project Manager
|Job Title:||SC Cleared Project Manager|
|Salary:||£340 - £345 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte O'loughlin|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2017 15:33|
SC Cleared Project Manager - CONSTRUCTION
Contract. 2 Months+. Central Government. Outside IR35 Scope. £340-£345 Per day. London with travel to Milton Keynes.
SC cleared Project Manager required urgently in London for a Central Gov client - you will be required to travel to Milton Keynes. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of customer projects, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget and to the agreed scope quality standards, across the organisations wide range of IT, security and construction services. The Project Manager may also be required to assist with and lead the production of bids for new work opportunities.
- Planning projects and stages, defining objectives, preparing a wide range of project documents, initiating project exception plans and corrective action plans.
- Day-to-day monitoring of project progress and prioritisation of resource usage, problem management, escalation and liaison with project team members.
- Financial planning and day-to-day management of the project cost ensuring the efficient utilisation of resources to deliver the project within the agreed budget and price whilst maintaining quality and the agreed business margin
- Representing as the project manager at regular project governance meetings. Negotiation with the customers representatives over project issues which may result in delay, change or cancellation of all or part of the project.
- Presenting highlight reports to Project Boards and other project governance bodies, preparing checkpoint reports and holding regular checkpoint meetings.
- Liaison with Key Stakeholders and customers ensuring appropriate levels of communication are maintained within the scope of the project.
- Effective management of projects ensuring the delivery of the project within business process model and to the agreed baseline from business take-on.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered to agreed standards for quality and time using the appropriate management methodology.
- Project team development and support for junior project management staff in the team.
Skills and experience required
- PRINCE2 Practitioner/APMP or equivalent project management qualification.
- Must be qualified to HNC/HND level in relevant subject.
- Have minimum 5-years experience of planning, monitoring and controlling projects using the PRINCE2 methodology or project related methodology.
- Have minimum 5-years experience in planning and delivering medium complexity, multi-skilled projects with values ranging from £500k - £2M, using latest versions of Microsoft Project.
- Have minimum 5-years experience in the assessment, mitigation and management of project risk.
- Have minimum 3-years experience in managing project budgets.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience of deploying medium complexity security projects.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects within tight timescales & with limited resources, in a number of varied and unique operational environments with numerous technical, political, security, support and logistical challenges.
- Customer focus and in particular the ability to manage the customers and key stakeholders and their expectations, negotiating changes where necessary.
- Delivering results ensuring that targets, standards and milestones are met.
- The careful management of project budgets.
- Accept responsibility for the quality and accuracy of your own and your team's work.
- Problem solving and judgement especially in the pressurised environment of a project.
- Deal proactively with problems and acting appropriately and decisively to resolve them.
- Identify critical issues, obtain support and get buy in for their management and provide a route for customer escalations.
- Planning and control of the project and its dependencies.
- Accreditation in the Management of Risk (MoR) and its application in a project management environment.
For more information please apply now.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Integration Lead - CMIS Project - 18 Months - Edinburgh
£400 - £445 per day
£35 - £36 per hour
IT Change Analyst - 6 Months - Edinburgh - £200-275
£200 - £275 per day
£40 - £50 per hour + Inside IR35
Senior Dynamics Consultant (Projects)
£227 - £228 per annum