Scientist - Aquatic Chemistry / Ecotoxicology
|Job Title:||Scientist - Aquatic Chemistry / Ecotoxicology|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum + depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2017 11:59|
Scientist - Aquatic Chemistry / Ecotoxicology - Stirling
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Aquatic Chemistry / Ecotoxicology Scientist, for a contract until 22nd December 2017 based with Stirling with our public-sector client.
You will be required to undertake collation, presentation and assessments of data on chemicals in the water environment.
Duties will include -
- Literature and Data Searches
- Collation of data and information on chemicals, chemical fate and behaviour and ecotoxicity
- Undertaking statistical analysis and produce appropriate graphs and tables using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prepare technical and non-technical reports
- Frequent and regular communication with Senior Specialist and Principal Specialist Scientists.
- Management of own workload including prioritisation and forward planning.
Essential skills -
- Degree in a relevant science subject. Postgraduate degree would be desirable.
- Good understanding of environmental chemistry data, in particular, pesticides, biocides or veterinary medicines.
- Good understanding of ecotoxicity test data and the analysis of datasets.
- Demonstrable experience in literature searching, in data collection and presentation is essential.
- An understanding of basic statistical analysis is required.
- High level of written and spoken English required.
- Experience in writing scientific, technical and non-technical reports and publications is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver outcomes to tight deadlines.
Desirable skills -
- An understanding of marine fin-fish aquaculture or fish physiology would be advantageous.
- An understanding of environmental chemical standards and their derivation would be advantageous.
- Experience of organising in meetings or events would be advantageous
- Experience of scientific note-taking would be beneficial
If you have the skills and experience required for this position please send me you CV for consideration.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's