Security & Information Risk Adviser
|Job Title:||Security & Information Risk Adviser|
|Salary:||£350 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Beattie|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2017 17:20|
Security and Information Risk Adviser - 4.5 month contract - Edinburgh - £350-400 per day
A public sector organisation looking for a Security and Information Risk Adviser.
- Conducts security control reviews across a full range of control types and techniques, for business applications and computer installations. Seeks guidance from more experienced or specialised practitioners as required. Recommends appropriate action to management.
- Identifies threats to the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems. Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of business applications and computer installations in the light of these threats and recommends appropriate action to management.
- Conducts investigation, analysis and review following breaches of security controls, and manages security incidents. Prepares recommendations for appropriate control improvements, involving other professionals as required.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on the application and operation of all types of security controls, including legislative or regulatory requirements such as data protection and software copyright law. Contributes to development of standards and guidelines.
- Interprets security and assurance policies and contributes to development of standards and guidelines that comply with these, to enable effective assessment of risks to information availability, integrity, authentication, and confidentiality.
- Carries out risk assessment of complex information systems and infrastructure components. Contributes to audits of information systems.
- Reviews compliance to information security policies and standards, configuration assessment, adherence to legal and regulatory requirements, and recommends appropriate action.
- Advises information and network users on Information assurance architecture and strategies to manage identified risk and promotes awareness of policies and procedures. Acts to ensure that they are aware of obligations such as protecting the secrecy of passwords and accounts access details.
- Attend project team meetings and boards as required in capacity as a Security & Information Risk Advisor.
- Working closely with a range of internal and external security contacts and advisors.
- You will need to have ICT related knowledge and skills in order to be able to identify the most appropriate security solutions in any given situation and must be able to stay abreast of new ICT developments and security best practices.
- Technical knowledge of both traditional on-premise type IT solutions coupled with knowledge and understanding of newer external cloud technologies including hybrid models which combine both.
- Knowledge of Information Security products particularly in relation to Information Technology
- Knowledge of Data Protection Legislation and other legislative requirements around protecting information
- Can demonstrate the ability of managing multiple projects and initiatives; working effectively across multiple stakeholder groups, geographies and service lines
- Strong communicative skills - and examples of using this via understanding and empathy for colleagues / stakeholders in non-risk / non-security business areas.
- Demonstrable 'can-do' skills when providing assistance and advice to customers with varying risk appetites, including those who wish to challenge tradition and pursue innovation.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's