|Job Title:||Security Engineer|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£450 - £460 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ciara Murphy|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2018 11:09|
SC Cleared Security Engineer
This role will be required mainly to cover the high volume of daily BAU work within the Trust Management capability, with occasional support for Departmental projects in the absence of the permanent staff member.
Areas covered within the role are:
- Configuration and maintenance of approx. 50 firewalls : Cisco, Barracuda, Checkpoint and Fortigate - ensuring firewall rules are valid and updated, analysing traffic through the firewalls to ensure maximum security, managing updates/upgrades of hotfixes and patches, etc.
- Working closely with wider Cloud Operations team colleagues
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities within our network infrastructure, providing mitigating advice and actions.
- Documentation of implemented solutions, processes and procedures.
- Troubleshooting technical issues relating to LAN/WAN.
- Reacting to and initiating corrective action regarding security violations.
- Assist in the development and move towards Layer 7/Application aware technologies
- Attendance when required for the Change Advisory Board to ensure that all IT changes conform to the CAB agreed standards. Highlight the risks of proposed changes to ensure they are understood and mitigated.
- Actively review and manage the Incident call logging system to ensure that all incidents are dealt with in a timely manner. Ensuring customers are kept up to date and all incident records are updated with thorough and detailed notes working in line with the Department's Incident and Problem management processes.
- Knowledge transfer to trainee in the Trust Management team.
- Intimate knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking architectures
- Significant knowledge and working experience in administration of one or more of the following firewall technologies - CISCO, Barracuda, Checkpoint and Fortigate
- Network routing and switching.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels (both written and orally).
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Able to use own initiative.
- SC cleared.
- Practical and current knowledge of the cyber security threat landscape.
- Experience of firewall management in a cloud environment, e.g. Azure.
- Certification in at least one of the firewall technologies e.g. CCNA / CCNP.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's