Senior Analytics Lead
|Job Title:||Senior Analytics Lead|
|Location:||Kingston upon Thames, Surrey|
|Salary:||£63000 - £66000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||August 11, 2017 16:20|
Job Title: Senior Analytics Lead
Salary: £66K, Car Allowance, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension & Agile Working
Location: Port Sunlight, Wirral or Kingston UK
Permanent Role : £63,000-£66,000 Per Annum
In this exciting role, you will use large and complex datasets and advanced analytical techniques to solve key business problems that will have a direct impact on the strategy.
You will use a combination of the typical analytical skills with research, business knowledge, analytical techniques, communication, and presentation skills to evaluate business scenarios and make predictions on future outcomes.
Your passion to communicate effectively and influence our cross-functional business, while working in an agile environment is key to your success.
The vision for the Analytics team is to grow the business with smarter decisions enabled by analytics. You will partner with the business units on analytics agenda, and deliver capabilities on time in full.
This role will be a key constituent of UK (or SC) Advanced Analytics team, which will focus on analytical solutions for our Cross Category Business teams.
The role will be responsible for identification and value delivery from opportunities through leveraging analytics. Specifically this role will implements solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimisation tools, machine learning techniques and statistics and through power of storytelling using visualisation techniques and tools.
This role will also be responsible for developing the Analytics Strategy. Role will design and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of big data and analytics. Additionally the role will collaborate across the wider (and global) analytics team to develop reusable analytics products/assets.
- Engage with business to identify analytics use cases (what are key priorities? what are key problems and/or opportunities? What datasets are required to deliver? what actions and impact can be identified using analytics)
- Implements insights to these business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, machine learning techniques and statistics and visualization tools
- Learn new data sources and determine how best to structure the data for use in advanced analysis
- Analyze and interpret the results of analytics experiments
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to wider analytics team
- Upskill business teams to be more self-service and data driven organization (using best in class analytics capabilities)
- Prepare and conduct trainings and mentors team members on latest analytical methodologies
- Applies a global approach to analytical solutions-both within a business area and across the enterprise
Relevant Skills & Experience:
- B.S. in a relevant technical field. Extensive Management experience years with a number of years within an I&A Lead role.
- Ability to clearly interact and influence stakeholders; strong communication and business partnering experience
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
Please only apply if you have the essential experience needed
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Procurement sourcing lead - London - 6 Months - £450-£600
Up to £0.00 per annum
HR Workday Delivery Support Administrator
Up to £0.00 per annum
Application Development Manager - 3 months - Glasgow
Up to £0.00 per annum
C# Backend Developer - Southampton - £680 per day
Up to £680.00 per day
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£18 - £21 per hour + Inside IR35