Senior Database Administrator-SQL
|Job Title:||Senior Database Administrator-SQL|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2017 14:27|
Senior Database Administrator - Database Technology Specialist - SQL
Newcastle Upon Tyne -3 months contract
We are looking for an experienced Senior database administrator for a role we have available based in Newcastle.
- Support the Faculty or Service Management Team by coordinating and contributing to the provision of professional expertise and support ensuring that the service provides high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Organise, plan and prioritise own work activities, and the work of others where appropriate, to contribute to the achievement of Faculty or Service objectives and professional standard
- Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are m
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, collegiate and inclusive culture, by sharing information and good practice with oth
- Work co-operatively and maintain effective relationships with others, internally and externally , as appropriate to own area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain a specialist knowledge of own area of responsibility.
- Undertake other responsibilities as required.
- Identify opportunities to increase governance, levels of service and efficiencies through the use of database systems - Primarily Microsoft SQL Server though other database technologies may be appropriate e.g. Oracle or Mongodb.
- Identify, research, evaluate and select technologies which support the integration, delivery and management of IT infrastructure and services.
- Gather business requirements and establish strategies, standards, policies, process and procedures to ensure the maximum realization of benefits of database technologies in line with enterprise architecture strategies.
- Develop and execute plans and initiatives for the implementation, integration and configuration of database technologies and the successful and sustainable transition into operations.
- Develop and execute plans for the continual improvement of services through database technologies, and provide leadership to transition improvements into operations.
- Provide oversight, management, troubleshooting and expertise for the success and effectiveness of operational database technologies.
- Establish and manage supplier relationships to maximize value and levels of service.
- Maintain an awareness of relevant industry trends, issues and opportunities and incorporate into plans as appropriate.
- Provide expert level support and consultancy to operational teams.
Experience of MS SQL Server at expert level including:
- Performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- AlwaysOn availability groups
- SQL server clustering (failover clustering as well as Always on)
- SSIS packages
- Transaction log shipping
- Installation and setup T-SQL Scripting
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry trends, work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to 2014
Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the Service and University and with external stakeholders where relevant.
IF you feel you have the experience required please APPLY
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Postgres / Mongo Database Administrator - Edinburgh - 6 months
Up to £0.00 per annum
Senior Product Manager
£650 - £800 per day
SC Cleared Senior Project Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£450 - £500 per day
Sales Account Manager / Senior Sales Exec (Telecoms) - Belfast
Belfast, County Antrim
£18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE £40,000 - £80,000k pa
Senior Web Developer - 12 Months - Edinburgh
£300 - £450 per day