Senior Finance Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Officer|
|Salary:||£18 - £20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Michael Hartley|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 11:32|
Finance Officer - Public Sector - £18-20ph via Umbrella - London - Initial 2 Months
Our leading Public Sector client is looking for a Senior Finance Officer to supervise and ensure the provision of a professional billing, administration and recharge service within their department. The post holder will be responsible for planning their own workload to ensure that weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines are met and is responsible for the management of junior members of staff within the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder is required to calculate prepare and process invoices for clients in the organisation ensuring that these are in line with agreed SLA's and external insurance or third party contracts using the Compucare PP Billing system. To ensure all invoices meet with the standards required of the organisation and that all charges, including VAT, are accounted for correctly. This will include validation of complex contractual requirements.
- The post holder will challenge any discrepancies and undertake variance analysis, interpreting data and advise Senior Management. Responsible for informing stakeholders and suggest where improvements can be made to current working practices.
- The post holder will be required to raise credit notes with accuracy and ensure that they are authorised appropriately in accordance with organisation Standing Financial Instructions.
- Calculate refunds and prepare the necessary paperwork in accordance with organisation Standing Financial Instructions.
- To manage and action the processing of payments to organisation consultants and external contractors following Trust SLA's for Private clients.
- Collect payments from clients when required. This can be cash, cheque or credit card or postal income. To ensure that the appropriate receipt is issued and that the correct organisation procedures are followed.
- The post holder is responsible for the petty cash float that is held in the department.
- Management and validation of out of hours Payroll payment requests in relation to private client work that is received from the organisations staff.
- Providing assistance to the Reservations Managers in 2 separate departments. This includes the management of the finance process in complex deposit quotes for clients.
- Represent the organisation in relation to the resolution of queries referred from the Credit Controller, Senior Commercial Controller and other sources. These could be queries from insurance companies/embassies, consultants and clients.
- You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by Management.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's