Senior Games Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Games Designer|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rehan Zia|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2018 18:01|
Do you have a passion for the design of independent, premium games?
Do you want to be part of an award winning, chart topping organisation?
Do you want to work as part of a passionate team where people come first?
Located in the middle of Yorkshire, and within commuting distance of all the major cities, the company has a large recuitment drive due to a multi-million pound investment and exciting projects lined up.
As a result of the above, an experienced senior game designer is required to join the Wakefield Design team.
The responsibilities of the role are very varied and will range from defining the content, either visually, verbally or in written form of titles produced and working proactively with the other members of the team, the Production team and the Creative Director to ensure that the design-related goals of the company are met in a timely manner; to leading the overall design of a project, delegating tasks and setting an example to the other designers.
Essential Skills Requirements:
- A knowledge of a variety of game mechanics, game systems and genres.
- The ability to communicate your vision to artists, programmers, producers, marketing staff and others involved in the development process, in an articulate manner - This may involve presenting ideas both verbally and on paper, for which writing and the ability to communicate your idea in a visual form are required.
- You must be comfortable working in third party game engines such as Unity and Unreal. Senior Designers must have a good working knowledge of C#, blueprint, or equivalent, in order to be able to prove ideas in prototype form at the pre-production stage of development.
- The ability to lead a team of designers to realise the overall vision of the game and ensure that the design goals are delivered on time and to a professional standard.
In addition to the above you must:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a design role within the games industry. The ideal candidate must have experience within a senior role and has been responsible for leading other team members.
- Be a keen enthusiast of game studies.
- Have information design and user interface design skills.
- Have experience of developing gameplay mechanics.
- Have experience of designing and integrating puzzles into levels.
- Have experience of planning in the pre-production phase.
- Have experience of giving feedback on quality issues to other team members with clearly defined objectives.
- Have a highly organised approach to working in a team and alone.
- Have experience of rapid prototyping.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Unity and/or Unreal.
- Be comfortable working in a 3D package (Maya, Max, Blender OR equivalent) in order to create level layouts.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Service Designer x 2
£350 - £450 per day
Senior Software Developer (DevOps) - Perm - Edinburgh
£40000 - £50000 per annum + plus benefits
Cyber Security Consultant - DV
£1000 - £1300 per day
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Additional Benefits
1st Line Support
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Up to £10.82 per hour