Senior Information Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Information Analyst|
|Salary:||Up to £200 per day|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2019 16:32|
Scope of the Role
The post-holder will be within a team of information analysts working within the Information Services department and liaising closely with Planning & Performance colleagues.
The post-holder will support clinical service delivery, performance management and planning throughout the hospital and will maintain and develop the provision of performance information on the Trust's information systems.
The post-holder will assist in providing information for external statutory performance returns, ensuring reliable performance information is available to support all internal performance reporting and provide development support including SQL and Qlikview.
The post-holder requires a strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skill set.
The post-holder must be able to communicate often complex and sensitive performance issues to a wide-range of audiences including senior management.
They must be able to draw conclusions from analysis undertaken and guide people to make sound decisions based on the results.
As part of the Planning & Information Directorate, one of the key responsibilities of the Information Services Department is the provision of accurate and timely information to satisfy both internal & external corporate reporting requirements. This includes Contract Monitoring, SUS/PbR submissions, Board and Executive dashboards, Operational Management Reports and Performance Indicators.
The role will have input into the configuration of the new EPR.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the maintenance, development and promotion of the performance management & internal information systems. This will include ensuring the technical infrastructure is robust enough to deliver required outputs, training users and promoting the use and value of the system to all Trust staff.
- To assist in implementing the Trust's performance indicator development plan in support of the corporate strategy and business planning framework. To support the performance information provision for exception review process
- To assist in the development of new analytical reports, performance indicators and the resolution of data quality/interpretation issues which will drive improvement in performance within clinical divisions and corporate departments.
- For all relevant Performance metrics and statutory returns: review, document processing and liaise with operational leaders to provide quality assurance that they are produced and published in line with national guidance and requirements. To monitor performance and provide briefings to the appropriate audience on performance issues.
- To support the Performance team in the production of performance information for performance reports.
- To be proactive in ensuring the information services staff and other key staff members are prepared for changes in local and national guidelines and able to respond to future pressures and requirements.
- To support design, development and maintenance of performance information systems using the most effective combinations of data sets, analytical techniques and querying methods. This will require advanced problem-solving skills, the ability to evaluate different options and make decisions on what will yield best results in terms of outputs, usability and presentation.
- In conjunction with the Information Services Management team, ensure all development activities are undertaken within the approved quality assurance framework.
- To work closely with the Information Services Management team to ensure information to support the Trust is of good quality, available in a timely manner and is reported consistently.
- To promote and support the Data quality agenda, providing reports, guidance and suggestions as appropriate
- To follow and comply with Information Service's internal processes and procedures and provide support and best practice across the team.
- Have a good understanding of the wider NHS intelligence landscape including: NHS data, data flows and quality, commissioning, performance, data management, data reporting and presentation, contract management processes, information governance, information strategy and operational data policies and guidance;
- To work with the EPR team and support their agenda ensuring business as usual is maintained but future proofing any development work so that it is aligned to the EPR footprint.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£20 - £25 per hour + Inside IR35
West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
3rd Line Support Analyst
£30306 - £35010 per annum
GDS Business Analyst
Coventry, West Midlands
£400 - £450 per day