Senior Inventory Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Inventory Analyst|
|Location:||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Henry Lello|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 13:10|
Senior Inventory Analyst
Design & implementation of Inventory & Financial Reporting Processes (Oracle Retail - ORSIM)
Our client is seeking a Senior Inventory Analyst to support the rollout of the Oracle Retail system to stores and depots. The role will be working within a Finance project team of 7 and also working closely with the B&M, Retail and Supply Chain streams and Finance team. The role will report to the Finance Stream Lead who is leading the overall business input for all Finance related aspects of the programme.
The role is required to define best practice in the Finance processes supporting Inventory management and reporting during the transition to a cost-based model of inventory valuation, post Oracle Retail Go Live. As Oracle Retail is rolled out across depots and stores this role will own and document the Finance Inventory management activities to support the delivery of the data migration, testing and cutover to the new system. The finance Inventory Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring the Finance Stock team is ready for the new system, by defining and implementing best practice inventory control processes.
The ideal candidate has appreciation of the importance of complete, accurate, relevant and timely input to support business operations and decision making around Inventory management. A self-starter who exhibits the leadership skills necessary to engage with all parts of the business required to support these activities. A background in high volume Retail Inventory Management is preferable to enable the candidate to quickly embed new processes.
This person must be comfortable working independently while also collaborating within a team environment. The person should be experienced in dealing with business people and providing a clear articulation of what is required of them to support implementation and rollout.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of and shape the future of this critical Programme and Inventory management.
- Familiarise with Retail design, and To Be processes including release plans
- Work with Retail and Supply Chain to develop To Be detail reconciliation and control processes to ensure accurate Inventory Management post Go Live. This will cover the Inventory Life cycle from Inbound, Transfers and Location Stock adjustments.
- Manage engagement with Finance Inventory Reconciliation and Financial Reporting teams, including agreeing the to be processes and training of same.
- Provide input, review and approve training and reference guide materials
- Provide business input to the planning and execution of testing, cutover, data migration and acceptance activities, including support to the creation of test scenarios and test scripts
- Provide input to reporting metrics and help set-up the reporting associated with Inventory management
- Experience required:
- Exposure to Inventory Management in Finance operations or analytical roles; appreciation of the importance of appropriate controls and impacts on Financial reporting
- Familiarity with systems e.g. Oracle Retail, Oracle Financials, Cognos, Teradata
- Outstanding relationship building and presentation skills, with experience of partnering with business and advising Finance leads
- Track record of a successful delivery under tight timelines
- Ability to influence people and build strong relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to influence and motivate others within cross functional teams
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset; the ability to design new and improve existing processes
- Detail oriented, with well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's