Senior Java Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Java Developer|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rehan Zia|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2018 15:26|
Would you like the opportunity to work on bespoke business applications for blue-chip companies such as The Financial Times and Spotify?
Would you like the opportunity to travel to Europe for a training course paid for by your employer?
Then look no further!
My client is an award-winning global cloud technology company selling their award-winning software and providing expert professional services to companies that evolving and innovating their business.
Alongside the most competitive salary on the market, just some of the most popular benefits include the flexibility to start early and finish early/start late and finish late; the option to work from home one day a week and monthly team nights out! Not forgetting, the city centre location of my clients office close to the train station.
As a member of the Software Development team, the successful candidate will contribute to the design, build and maintenance of industry-leading business solutions. As a Software Developer you will work with product managers, architects and other developers to analyse requirements, document designs, and build solutions that contribute to the growth of the company portfolio.
- Create applications and features that conform to best practice coding standards, make optimal use of advanced framework capabilities, and have full unit test coverage
- Work with testers to help define the approach for testing of new deliverables, and resolve in a timely fashion any issues discovered during the testing process
- Provide product support, which includes educating colleagues in the use of new product features, as well as analysing and resolving issues reported by project teams and customers
- Produce technical documentation as required
You will work in the company's Leeds office with a small but growing team of colleagues.
You will be a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working in teams that may be spread across a number of different locations. In addition you will:
- Be a quick learner and keen to embrace new technologies and development frameworks
- Be a clear communicator and team player
- Be able to work under your own initiative
- Be able to write documents in clear English
- Have a talent for problem solving and a well-organised approach to work
- Applicants should be aware that some occasional travel may be required to regional offices -This will be infrequent and for short periods.
The successful candidate must have a minimum 3 years commercial experience of software development, and demonstrable development experience using modern frameworks, coding standards and techniques.
* Background of developing in Java
* Familiarity with Spring framework
* Familiarity with Java EE
* Familiarity with object-oriented design
* Understanding of libraries, frameworks, UML, test driven development
* Proven ability to analyse and maintain existing code
* Understanding of database principles and generic SQL
* Understanding of software development lifecycle
* Exposure to or experience working with Salesforce
* Understanding of NodeJS
* Experience of SVN, Git or equivalent source control system
* Experience with an MVC framework (e.g. Spring, Struts, .Net)
* Experience in test driven development & writing of unit tests
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Java Developer / Java / Spring / AWS / Crewe / £55,000
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
£40 - £50 per hour + Inside IR35
Coventry, West Midlands
£500 - £550 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
Senior Dynamics Consultant (Projects)
£227 - £228 per annum