Senior QA Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior QA Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Mitchell|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 09:55|
As a member of the Marketplace & Insight team, you will play a key role in ensuring the quality of the companie's award winning products is second to none. You will join a team of highly regarded software engineers, all passionate about building great user experiences. You'll be supporting a number of award-winning products within an agile working environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding and fast-growing market leading company. You will receive full training and support to succeed in the role. Working hours are flexible. Responsibilities
- Ensure that product development team produce high performing and stable products.
- Evangelise the need for quality within the team to ensure all team members are considering quality at each stage of product design and development.
- Ensure production code has been suitably unit tested, and sufficient automated testing exists.
- Ensure production code has suitable end to end automated tests in place.
- Perform manual testing when needed.
- Ensure scalability and performance is considered and testing is in place.
- Ensure data protection and security has been considered and relevant safeguards are in place.
- Ensure sufficient monitoring/alerting of systems is in place to highlight problems proactively in the live environment.
- Ensure any risks are identified and communicated within the team.
- Knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Logical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and accurate
- Ability to learn quickly and retain a broad range of functional knowledge about the companie's platforms
- Be able to work as part of a team, whilst also assuming responsibility for your own work
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple ongoing tasks at any given time
- Must be eager to understand new functionality, technologies and acquire new skills to enhance capability
- Negative Testing experience
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must
- Pleasant and friendly manner with empathy for customers
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn
- Knowledge of Open Source testing tools such as Selenium
- To understand software testing methodologies
- Awareness or experience of automated test process's and functions
- Experience of Cross browser & multiple device tests
- Performance/Load Testing
- Ability to analyse application and server logs to track defects/issues
The company develops online and showroom solutions that make vehicle selling easier for car dealers, vehicle buying easier for consumers and vehicle finance easier for all. They have been providing pioneering solutions since 2009 and have over 7000 connected dealers across the UK. Our high spec offices are located in Colwyn Bay and Manchester utilising cutting edge technology to achieve excellence.
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer matched contributions up to 5%
- Flexible working options
- Market leading private healthcare
- Choice of high spec laptop
- 2 annual conferences (one UK based and one abroad)
- Relaxed modern working environment in high spec offices
- Relaxed dress code
- Free parking
- Free refreshments
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Principal Software Engineer
£41971.00 - £47286.00 per annum
IT Applications Support Engineer
Up to £0.00 per annum
Solutions Implementation Engineer
SCS Systems Hardware Engineer - Private Sector
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
Principal Software Engineer - Edinburgh - Permanent
£41000 - £46000 per annum + plus benefits