Senior Secretary - Edinburgh - Permanent
|Job Title:||Senior Secretary - Edinburgh - Permanent|
|Salary:||£28000 - £34000 per annum + depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Craig Ross|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2018 16:30|
Senior Secretary - Edinburgh - Permanent
Experienced Senior Secretary required in Edinburgh to support the Senior Deputy Head in the management and administration of a leading Edinburgh School by means of secretarial, clerical and personal support and to facilitate and provide administrative support to the School Leadership Team.
- Providing a full secretarial function for the Senior Deputy Head to include diary management, travel arrangements, preparation for meetings and minute taking, and to facilitate and provide administrative support to the School Leadership Team;
- Manage and update School policy documents and production of the School Policies Booklet;
- Collation and preparation of reports and associated papers for Governor's meetings;
- Preparation of the Senior Deputy Head's correspondence and communications;
- Email management of the Named Person inbox;
- Assisting with the organisation of School functions;
- Management of the Junior Administration team to include adherence to 'House Style', recruitment, professional review and development, absence cover and ensuring efficient and good working practices;
- Collation of calendar information for the termly printed and electronic calendars, including drafting future term dates;
- Production and dissemination of termly information, the Critical Incident Plan and Standards & Quality Report;
- Information gathering and preparation for the weekly Headmaster's Assembly;
- Organising and recording Thursday and Deputy Heads' Detention;
- Termly audit of disciplinary sanctions and attendance;
- Any other reasonable request of the Headmaster or School Leadership Team.
Please note the above is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm with a 30 minute (unpaid) break for lunch. However, the post holder will be required to work such hours as are necessary to properly discharge the duties of the role as outlined in this specification.
Holidays: holiday entitlement for the admin team is 45 days per year (two weeks at Christmas, two weeks at Easter and three weeks in the summer). All holidays must be taken outwith term time and it is essential that there is always adequate office and Reception cover.
Salary: The salary is to be in the region of £28k to £34k dependent of qualifications and experience.
Pension: Pension auto enrolment is in operation at the School and, subject to satisfying certain eligibility criteria, you will be automatically enrolled into the School Pension Scheme, an amount equivalent to a further 10% of salary being paid into the scheme on your behalf by the School whilst you must contribute a minimum of 5%.
- There is entitlement to a free school lunch during term time
- Parking is free on the campus
- The School will pay 50% of the cost of membership of BUPA Healthcare should staff choose to participate in this scheme
- Children of full-time members of staff who attend the School as day pupils may be eligible for an 80% discount on the fees, with reciprocal agreements 50% staff discounts at St George's School for Girls; this concession is means-tested. Children of part-time members of staff may be eligible for a reduced discount of 50% of the day fee; again, this concession is means-tested.
- We also have an agreement with a local leisure centre, Nuffield Health whereby Merchiston members of staff pay a discounted subscription.
- We also offer all our staff access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which provides free confidential support and assistance with both work and personal issues.
Notice: All appointments are probationary for the first year, after which the notice period will be three months from either party.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's