|Job Title:||Senior Tester|
|Salary:||£37000 - £47000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2017 12:23|
As a Senior Tester you will be working within the test team overseeing the testing of delivered solutions in an Agile working environment. You will ensure that the testing is carried out to the standards defined in the UKIT Testing Strategy and that the testing complies with Audit and Regulatory standards.
In your role, you will champion good engineering and testing practices to enable development teams to deliver high quality, production ready solutions. Leading by example, you will be instrumental in elevating the testing practices within the teams as well as growing the software testing capability and coaching other software testers to develop their skills and knowledge.
As part of this role, you will:
Provide technical advice and guidance to teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests · Provide technology leadership by sharing knowledge with others
· Lead and mentor other testers across the domain as needed
· Work with the Test Management community to continuously improve testing and QA practices
· Dive into teams when required to support initiatives which require senior input/guidance
· Ensuring the right test tooling and frameworks are in place to enable the teams to deliver against business needs now and in the future
· Conducts defect co-ordination as required
· Oversees preparation of test conditions, scripts and data
· Reviews documentation in preparation for test planning Produces complex automated testing scripts, plans and feasibility documents as required Designs test scripts against requirement specifications for significant areas of functionality, Revises existing test documentation as needed Records findings on problem records Assigns problem records for further action Liaises with Test Manager Maintains effective lines of communication with all project members Performs a Test Lead Role for projects , as required Ensures that testing is compliant with regulatory, legislative and UKIT standards. Attends test team meetings and project meetings as appropriate Trains Business & IT test resources
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
· Previous experience in a test role or suitable experience, with proven track record in managing testing delivery.
Experience of managing teams is essential
Experience of Agile Methodologies
ISEB Testing Foundation certificate required
Good interpersonal and communication skills
A good knowledge of Test Tools and effective techniques for their use
Strong influencing skills
Capable of developing a good working relationship with all areas of the business Planning & organising skills Ability to work independently
Problem solving skills
We would also like:
Experience of non-functional testing and the supporting tools
Knowledge of the application architecture as appropriate to the role.
Awareness of the functionality of leading the applications as appropriate to location.
ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst certificate required or a willingness to obtain
Please only apply if you have the essential experience
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Product Manager
£650 - £800 per day
Software Developer/ Senior Software Developer
Up to £0.00 per annum
Senior Web Developer - 12 Months - Edinburgh
£300 - £450 per day
Senior IT Project Manager - 12 months - Edinburgh
Up to £0.00 per annum