|Job Title:||SharePoint Administrator|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cameron De Souza|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2017 10:01|
£30,785 - £33,437
The SharePoint Admin Team currently support several on premise SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 farms consisting of HP physical and vSphere virtual servers with MS SQL 2008 and 2014 database tiers. Data storage is provisioned using NetApp and SQL technologies are used for backup and failover capability.
The SharePoint Admin team proactively monitor, maintain, upgrade and implement fixes to the SharePoint infrastructure. They assist with disaster recovery and backup/restore of SharePoint data. The team build and apply configuration to SharePoint infrastructure using PowerShell and Microsoft Desired State Configuration (DSC). The team provide Tier 2 support and assist with the implementation aspects of SharePoint related projects, one of which is the migration of infrastructure and applications from SharePoint 2010 to 2013. They are also responsible for deployment of internally developed code across test and production environments and as such are integral to the Application Lifecycle Management process
We are looking for an individual with support skills aligned to SharePoint 2013 infrastructure. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical capabilities along with strong PowerShell scripting skills. This individual should be able to work as part of a team and on their own with the ability to propose and implement solutions to problems whilst setting technical and process standards for the team. An understanding of ITIL is essential with the ability to apply its principles to this role. Good communication skills are essential as the job involves interacting with customers, third party suppliers, business stakeholders and project managers and would involve training team members. The individual must also be able to produce good documentation. This post may involve leading on projects within the team. The successful candidate must have an excellent technical understanding & experience of SharePoint configuration and architecture aligned to supporting the product.
- Commercial experience of SharePoint 2013 on premise infrastructure support
- SharePoint Infrastructure management - installation, patching, upgrading, configuration and maintenance
- Monitoring SharePoint via SCOM & troubleshooting errors found
- Knowledge of SQL backup and restore processes for SharePoint
- Deployment of custom solutions
- Strong administration of SharePoint & IIS using PowerShell (knowledge of Microsoft Desired State Configuration would also be advantageous)
- SharePoint performance and storage capacity planning and upgrades
- Acting as a Tier 2 escalation point for SharePoint infrastructure issues (resolving incidents within SLAs)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in SharePoint Server (MCSE) Exams; 331 & 332 (desirable)
MS Server Administration
- Commercial experience of Windows server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Reviewing performance thresholds & identifying continuous improvements
- Implementing measures to ensure the Infrastructure is secure
Communication & Soft Skills:
- Analytical and troubleshooting
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team member.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good at documenting instructions and procedures
- Able to train others in areas which are highly technical
Please only apply if you have the essential experience
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's