|Job Title:||Software Developer|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rehan Zia|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 12:13|
Do you want to work alongside exceptionally talented computer scientists, mathmeticians and trading analysts but in a relaxed and informal environment?
Do you want a job that truly challenges you to think outside the box?
Do you consider yourself to have the ability to think of something that others yet haven't - or cannot?!
The role involves the responsibility for writing, running, supporting and maintaining a high-volume trading platform and supporting tools / applications that runs 24/7 - Every single day of the year.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small, lean development team that combines thinking power from across other small multidisciplined teams to solve tough problems - While being capable of performing all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
The primary tech stack is Java however, whats more important is finding a strong Software Developer first as opposed to they technologies they have had exposure to.
Please note: A full academic history will be required from all candidates screened. This includes grades and subjects, from GCSE - Degree/Masters.
* Intelligent - strong academic record in computer science, maths, physics or similar
* Enthusiastic problem solver with a real passion for software development
* Good knowledge and understanding of common design patterns and OO principles
* Minimum of 3 years commercial software development experience
* Experience of writing automated unit tests
Nice to haves:
* Experience of programming in Java
* Test Driven Development
* Working with cloud providers, e.g. AWS, etc.
* Experience of working with messaging based systems
* Monitoring and support tools, e.g. Elastic, Grafana, etc.
Just some of the benefits you will enjoy:
- You'll get to work in a fast-moving business domain
- Deploy code to production frequently
- You'll work closely with the business and users
- You'll receive constant feedback on how the software is performing & being used
- You'll have the ability to directly affect the bottom line of the company
- You'll have the opportunity to bring in new ideas and technologies
- Free gym membership
- Relaxed office environment and dress code
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Software Developer (DevOps) - Perm - Edinburgh
£40000 - £50000 per annum + plus benefits
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£33000 - £39000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£400 - £450 per day + Inside IR35
£27 - £30 per hour + Inside IR35
£400 - £450 per day