|Job Title:||SQL DBA|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£500 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Michael Hartley|
|Job Published:||September 05, 2018 15:20|
SQL Team Lead
SQL Team Lead - Contract - Inside IR35 - MS SQL/Oracle - Development
You will be responsible for building an efficient, effective, consistent & future proofed DBA capability within the function of Application Support. We are looking for somebody who has got experience in building a SQL team and providing support to staff through development and knowledge share.
The focus will be on building guidance, processes, knowledge and skills within this new function. This will involve leading and developing a small team of staff, internal consultancy work, engaging with key stakeholders across IT and to supporting the day to day proactive maintenance and operations of the DBA capability.
You will be responsible for taking a lead as part of the team on delivering the following key objectives:
- Develop personal development strategy and training plans to upskill existing and new staff.
- Mentoring and on the job training of the team.
- Technical recommendations and knowledge transfer.
- Defining and setting the strategic direction of the DBA services available and how they can be utilised.
- Definition of procedures, processes and best practice for team.
Finally on completion of your assignment you will leave our client with a fully operating DBA capability that includes a set of future technical recommendations, architectural design plans, personal development strategy and training plans for the staff.
You will be an expert in MS SQL (TSQL SSIS SSRS PowerShell) as well as having firm experience with Oracle.
You will have expertise of:
- A sector leading DBA service for an enterprise wide business.
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Mentoring and training within a team environment.
- Communicating and collaborating (technical and non-technical) with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Development and delivery of new processes and associated knowledge for DBA services.
- Architecture design (manageability, performance, scalability, reliability and security).
- Developing release and deployment processes for databases.
- Service management and support processes in line with ITIL.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SQL BI Developer / Data Engineer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£38000 - £42000 per annum
Lead Java Developer - Permanent role - Edinburgh
£50000 - £60000 per annum + plus benefits
£350 - £380 per day
Up to £0.00 per annum
Full Stack Developer (C# .NET, Python) £40-50 kpa, Edinburgh
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus