SQL Developer - SSIS
|Job Title:||SQL Developer - SSIS|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jason Coad|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 16:31|
SQL Developer - Stoke on Trent
Are you a SQL Developer who wants to work for a company where they put work/life balance ahead of shift work and ridiculous hours? Bored doing the same old BAU and support Development stuff and yearn to get stuck into juicy project work? If this scenario sounds all too familiar, I might have just the thing for you in Stoke on Trent.
Are you strong in SQL Server and T-SQL Development? Good, because what we're looking for is a SQL Server Developer, ideally with a bit of DBA skills/experience, to do a mix of complex SQL development, database design/dev, migration work, and develop & deploy SSIS packages.
So why would would you want to work here?
If you're a SQL Developer who wants more out of their role than plodding along doing some monitoring and maintenance then why wouldn't you? They have large scale interesting database project work, migration projects to SQL 2016/2017 ready to go, and you'll possibly get involved with setting up SQL Azure. They're a well established organisation with offices all over the UK who like their staff to have a good work/life balance so they give people the ability to work from home or have flexible working around travel or other commitments. They also love to promote from within so if you're career minded, there's a big chance to learn from the team who have already done well and got promoted.
Day today you'l be:
- Provide SQL Server solutions to the business
- Design, develop, test and implement of new and existing SQL Server solutions
- Assess new ideas and understand what is possible to achieve solutions against business requirements
- Developing and supporting SQL Server based solutions (SQL 2012-2017)
- Attending meetings with people at different levels across the business to discuss new work and participate in reviews of code releases where database issues are in scope.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- Strong T-SQL programming skills
- Experience in working with large data sets (100s of millions)
- Proven work experience in an Agile environment
- Able to translate high level requirements into technical goals and deliverables
- You must play well with others! - Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- A good understanding of SQL server development best practices and ability to share those skills
- A willingness to learn new technologies
If all this sounds like it's your kind of thing, don't hesitate to get in touch and we can have a chat about your next role!
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
MS Dynamics CRM Developer
Coventry, West Midlands
£450 - £500 per day
Contract .NET Developer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£350 - £375 per day
Graduate Java Developer - Permanent - Edinburgh
£40000 - £45000 per annum + plus benefits
Senior Software Developer - 6 months - Edinburgh - Inside IR35
£350 - £450 per day
Java Developer - Edinburgh - Perm - £36000 - £40000 + Benefits
£36000 - £40000 per annum