SQL Server DBA / Database Developer
|Job Title:||SQL Server DBA / Database Developer|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jason Coad|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2017 17:50|
SQL Server Development DBA - Stoke on Trent
Are you a DBA or SQL Server Developer who wants to work for a company where they put work/life balance ahead of shift work and ridiculous hours? Are you bored doing the same old BAU and support DBA stuff and yearn to get stuck into juicy project work? If this scenario sounds all too familiar, I might have just the thing for you in Stoke on Trent.
Are you strong in SQL Server and T-SQL Development? Good, because what we're looking for is a SQL Server Development DBA (ideally with some Production DBA skills/experience) to do SQL Database development, migration work, and work towards becoming a highly skilled Senior DBA on Development and production.
So why would you want to work here?
If you're a SQL DBA who wants more out of their role than plodding along doing some monitoring and maintenance, then why wouldn't you? They have large scale interesting database project work, migration projects to SQL 2016 ready to go, and you'll possibly get involved with setting up SQL Azure. They're a well-established organisation with offices all over the UK who like their staff to have a good work/life balance so they give people the ability to work from home or have flexible working around travel or other commitments. They also love to promote from within so if you're career minded, there's a big chance to learn from the team who have already done well and got promoted.
Day to day you'll be:
- Provide SQL Server solutions to the business
- Design, develop, test and implement of new and existing SQL Server solutions
- Assess new ideas and understand what is possible to achieve solutions against business requirements
- Developing and supporting SQL Server based solutions (SQL 2008-2014)
- Attending meetings with people at different levels across the business to discuss new work and participate in reviews of code releases where database issues are in scope.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience in working with large data sets (100s of millions)
- Proven work experience in an Agile environment
- Able to translate high level requirements into technical goals and deliverables
- You must play well with others! - Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- A good understanding of SQL server development best practices and ability to share those skills
- A willingness to learn new technologies
Added Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of installing and developing SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SQL BI Developer - SSIS, SSRS
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + pension, bonus, gym
City of London, London
£45000 - £80000 per annum
City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
Full Stack Developer
£400 - £425 per day
MS Dynamics 365 Developer
Coventry, West Midlands
£450 - £500 per day