Statement Taker (Public Inquiry, Legal) - Edinburgh - 12 months
|Job Title:||Statement Taker (Public Inquiry, Legal) - Edinburgh - 12 months|
|Salary:||Up to £185.37 per day|
|Start Date:||August 2018|
|Contact Name:||Emily Cotterill|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2018 18:02|
Statement Taker - Public Inquiry, Legal - Edinburgh
£185.37 per day, 12 months
Working in a small team, you will be responsible for interviewing witnesses to the Inquiry, taking detailed notes throughout sessions as well as audio recordings which will then be used to compile professional witness statements. You will be responsible for managing your own workload as well as working within a project team in a fast paced, high profile public facing environment.
The role will involve the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity as you will be working closely with vulnerable witnesses and highly confidential information.
- Previous experience of taking witness statements
- Strong transcribing and note taking skills
- Excellent research and document reviewing skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively through all levels of an organisation
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working with a Public Inquiry or working with vulnerable witnesses/trauma.
- Qualification as a solicitor, advocate or paralegal would be advantageous.
The contract will be available to start mid August and will be a 12 month contract initially with potential to extend - a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate will be required for this position.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Lead - Edinburgh - 3 months
£350 - £400 per day
Technical Architect - 7 months - Edinburgh
£500 - £800 per day
Security Analyst - Network - 6 months - Edinburgh
Service Introduction Analyst - Edinburgh - 6 months
£300 - £400 per day
Business Improvement Analyst - 18 months - Edinburgh
£0.00 - £260 per day