Statistical Analyst / GIS, Mapping, Spatial Analyst - Hampshire
|Job Title:||Statistical Analyst / GIS, Mapping, Spatial Analyst - Hampshire|
|Salary:||£0.00 - £19.34 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Grist|
|Job Published:||November 10, 2017 15:34|
Statistical Analyst / GIS, Mapping or Spatial Analyst - Hampshire - 3 Months
Rate: £19.34 per hour
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: ASAP
Statistical Analyst, Data Analyst or Spatial Analyst needed to work on methodological projects relating to a wide range of statistical activities. The Statistical Analyst, Data Analyst or Spatial Analyst role will include designing samples; devising methods for dealing with non-response in surveys; estimating for small areas and developing methods for estimating from non-survey sources - such as big data and administrative data. As a spatial analyst you will provide methodological advice and solutions around using geographic information systems (GIS) and spatial data. For example, to design and create territories for collecting survey data or units on which statistics are released.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of analytical, or statistical techniques
- Experience in manipulation and analysis of data and presenting research results
- Computer literate with experience in statistical, data science or GIS For example SAS, R, Stata, Python or in any GIS such as ArcGIS or QGIS
Big data / data scientists
- Knowledge of Python, R or SQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, Apache Spark or similar tools for handling big data
- Knowledge of machine learning, text mining or other data science techniques
- Knowledge and experience of spatial analysis techniques
- Experience in GIS packages such as ArcGIS or QGIS
- A 2:1 degree in a mathematical or statistical discipline, or in geography or a related discipline is essential
- A postgraduate qualification in statistics , demography, geography or a related discipline would be desirable
If you're the Statistical Analyst / GIS or Spatial Analyst for the role get in touch ASAP!
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.