Systems Administrator/ Application Developer.
|Job Title:||Systems Administrator/ Application Developer.|
|Location:||Wigan, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Start Date:||October 2018|
|Contact Name:||Lee Rundle|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2018 17:10|
Our client a highly successful software house who are specialists in security applications is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator/ Application Developer.
Working directly for the Managing Director the unique role requires the following:
Key Competencies includes:
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and identifying problems.
- Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong customer service / client service skills.
System Administration Skills and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure Windows Server software and hardware.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Setting up, configuring and maintaining databases, preferably SQL Server.
- Administration of network and server infrastructure including firewalls, Domain Controllers, Active Directory etc.
- Understanding and configuration of virtualisation technologies like VMware and Hyper-V preferable.
Application Developer Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proven experience as application developer.
- Write efficient, standards-compliant code, following appropriate coding standards.
- Experience of development methodologies ie. Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Proficient in developing in C# or Java.
- Database querying, manipulation and administration using SQL.
- Understanding of Window UI development using .net is preferable along with familiarity of common Windows API.
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Some knowledge of Android development would be advantageous not essential.
- Some knowledge of Visual Basic would be advantageous although not essential.
In return you will be rewarded with generous remuneration package, free parking and 70% - 80% home working.
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SQL Rapid Application Development Lead
Up to £0.00 per annum
Migration Developer - Glasgow - 6 months
£350 - £500 per day
Java Developer - Permanent - Edinburgh
£35000 - £50000 per annum + plus benefits
Birmingham, West Midlands
£33222.00 - £43041.00 per annum
Windows 10 Deployment Engineer - Edinburgh
Up to £100 per day