Systems Engineer - Information / Network / Cyber Security
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer - Information / Network / Cyber Security|
|Salary:||£300 - £360 per day|
|Start Date:||November 2017|
|Contact Name:||Emily Cotterill|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2017 22:12|
Systems Engineer - Data Centre / Network Security, Information Security, Cloud (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS), CISM, CISSP required for 18-month contract based in Edinburgh
Our public sector client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, security focussed Systems Engineer for an 18-month contract outside IR35. You will take a lead role in the implementation and configuration of systems security, with a focus on securing a new private-cloud datacentre and you will act as project technical lead to oversee the information security work-packages.
- Hands on experience in configuring and implementing systems and data security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems and content filtering.
- Knowledge of enterprise security standards (e.g. Cyber Essentials, PSN, ISO27001).
- Technical understanding of the concepts and technologies used to provide network security, endpoint protection, database security, cloud (IaaS/SaaS/PaaS) security, mobile device security, web and Internet security.
- Understanding of LAN and wireless networking principles and protocols including Ethernet, switches, routers TCP/IP, VLAN and Firewalls.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest types of cyber-security threats, and the protection techniques used to protect against them.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Information Security Manager
£550 - £600 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45 - £50 per annum
Security Engineer - Firewalls/Palo Alto - 6 months
£300 - £350 per day
£200 - £300 per day
£32548 - £37706 per annum