Team Leader - Storage (SAN)
|Job Title:||Team Leader - Storage (SAN)|
|Salary:||£380 - £400 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ciara Murphy|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2018 10:47|
Team Leader - Storage (SAN)
Contract, Bristol, 6 months, £380-£400 p/d, Global financial services
Team Leader - Storage (SAN) required in Bristol to manage and lead the storage & backup team and Services to provide an infrastructure Service that meet the KPIs and SLA, for Project delivery and BAU and lead the transformation of the team in the light of the move to the Cloud. you will also act as a service owner - the serive owener interacts in a service matrix and reports functional to the associated Service Delivery Manager, the Service Owner is also acting as a Cost Center Manager and has responsibilities over the budget of the Service.
- Play an active role in leading, developing and motivating staff taking responsibility for individual and team performance management and communications. Actively develop team in the light of the move to the Cloud.
- Relationship management of vendors and customers in order to keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies within Storage
- To act as a first point of escalation for any issues that may arise within the team.
- Responsible for quality of delivery, capacity planning, process and operational leadership in order to achieve the KPIs and SLA targets.
- Identify and implement changes that will lead to a reduction in costs or an improvement in service.
- Support the team in ensuring that the introduction of new technologies or refreshes, architectures and strategies are implemented according to standards and procedures with no impact to agreed service levels.
- Communicate and educate Infrastructure Roadmap, Standards and Policies to all relevant technical resources for Storage
- Be recognised, and used, as technical expert by technical resources for both BAU and Project needs in Storage
- Work with Technical Architects (Strategy) and Solution Design Authority to advise and recommend on future technologies, services and current infrastructure improvements e.g. new business
Skills and Experience
- Discipline and method, organization skills, ability to conduct and support change
- Adaptability in an international, multicultural, complex and fast changing environment
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and to prioritise appropriately
- Ability to lead and develop staff
- Curiosity and passion for agile
- A minimum of 2 years in leading teams or projects, able to prioritise the teams work based upon business priorities, and to identify potential conflicts, strong delivery track record
- 5-7 years' relevant IT experience, ideally including experience in a Senior Analyst role for SAN Storage (HDS and Cisco)
- Detailed understanding and management in one or more of the following; SAN and NAS technologies ideally from Cisco, HDS, NetApp, IBM and EMC and IBM TSM.
- General understanding of IT architecture and security requirements, strong background in IT Infrastructure Services
- Ability to manage 3rd party suppliers
For More information Please apply now
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Consultant - Permanent - Edinburgh
£50000 - £80000 per annum + plus benefits
Oracle ADF Developer
City of London, London
£600 - £800 per day
SharePoint specialist - 12 months - Glasgow - Inside IR35
Infrastructure Analyst / 4th Line / Bolton / £390p/d
Bolton, Greater Manchester
£350 - £390 per day
1st Line Support / Customer Support / Hertfordshire / £165pd
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£150 - £165 per day