Technical Project Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Project Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Luke Mitchell|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 15:05|
Technical Project Manager
Location - Manchester
Purpose of the role
The Project Manager is responsible for the timely and effective delivery of business and technology based projects, in support of the companies strategic objectives. The role is for an experienced Project Manager, responsible for the entire delivery life cycle; from inception through to go-live and post implementation. Projects are predominantly technology led with an emphasis on financial regulation therefore experience of financially regulated environment is essential. Deliverables must meet the key requirements of Proposition, Service and Price in line with the guiding principles.
What does the job involve?
- To effectively deliver identified projects which meet the companies strategic objectives, often with a strong emphasis on financial regulation, particularly those in direct support of our Technology Services department.
- Delivery of projects that cover multiple sites, functions and suppliers.
- Work with Technology Services delivery teams using Agile delivery methods.
- Support key stakeholders throughout the business and Technology Services in the development of business cases and agreement of project objectives.
- To ensure delivery meets the scope set out in the Terms of Reference.
- Produce and manage project budgets.
- Establish and ensure delivery to appropriate and timely project plans.
- Help project sponsors deliver projects effectively and efficiently.
- Manage change control effectively.
- Support TS management in identification and management of technology, business and consumer outcome risks.
- Efficiently establish, maintain and manage appropriate project documentation as per established Project Management processes and/or as required by sponsors, stakeholders and executive management board.
- Regular reporting on status to project stakeholders and executive management board.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, plus 3rd party suppliers.
- Co-ordinate and drive collaboration of project resources to get the best from project team members.
- Chair project meetings and ensure decisions and actions are recorded.
- Carry out other tasks as allocated by members of Technology Services Management.
Competence, knowledge and skills
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical topics.
- Experience in delivering complex IT orientated projects, across multiple sites and functions, mixing internal IT development with 3rd party vendor development.
- Experience of delivering in a financially regulated environment.
- Pragmatic approach to delivery of initiatives.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification.
Knowledge & skills
- Experience of solution development and the SDLC.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships.
- Good business/commercial knowledge.
- Analytical skills/problem solving.
- Staff management skills.
- Effective time management.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SAFe would be beneficial.
- Good financial services industry knowledge (pensions, investments and stockbroking would be beneficial).
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Integration Lead - CMIS Project - 18 Months - Edinburgh
£400 - £445 per day
£35 - £36 per hour
Lead Solutions Architect
Up to £550 per day
£40 - £50 per hour + Inside IR35
IT Change Analyst - 6 Months - Edinburgh - £200-275
£200 - £275 per day