Transportation Planning Officer
|Job Title:||Transportation Planning Officer|
|Location:||Haddington, East Lothian|
|Salary:||£0.00 per annum + depending on experience|
|Start Date:||July 2017|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2017 17:23|
Transportation Planning Officer - Haddington
Civil/Transport/CAD/Design/Planning/Development/ DMRB/Manual of Contract Documents/Highway Works/NEC 3 Contracts/H&S
We have fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transportation Planning Officer with our public-sector client based in Haddington. This is a contracting position until October 2017, this position falls in scope of IR35.
You will be required to conduct technically review planning applications, agreeing scoping reports for Transport Assessments, assist in the preparation of development plans, assist in preliminary development of transport studies, collect data, produce reports and drawing and asses transport issues.
The successful candidate will be expected drive during the position so a driver's license will be essential to complete your work.
Essential skills -
- Minimum HNC/HND qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Commercial knowledge of transport, cycling, road and PT standards and national guidance
- Practical experience in the assessment, feasibility and design of transport related projects as well as transport planning and development control (transport input) is beneficial.
- Competent in the use of CAD and or other design packages as above.
- A basic knowledge of DMRB, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works, NEC 3 Contracts and other design manuals and best practice is desirable.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Excellent research, analytical and presentation skills
Desirable skills -
- Transport Modelling Software
If you have the skills and experience required for this position please send me your CV for consideration.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's