|Job Title:||UX Architect|
|Salary:||£0.00 - £53000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Deegan|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2018 16:34|
Established in 2010, NEST has been a critical pillar of the Government's automatic pension enrolment programme, with a public service obligation (PSO) to accept any employer wishing to use the scheme to discharge their automatic enrolment duties.
practice across the industry. Now with over 6 million members, NEST is playing a critical role in helping people save for their retirement - many of them low to moderate earners who may be saving for the first time, and moving jobs frequently.
NEST now occupies a place in the market as a major Master Trust, a sector that has grown following the introduction of Automatic Enrolment - and that we believe has great potential for delivering pensions to mass market consumers for many years to come, leveraging scale to offer low cost, modernised services in the context of strong Trustee governance.
Scope & deliverables
- This role is responsible for the user experience (including interaction design and user interface design) across the entirety of NEST's service for one of NEST's customer groups (Member or Employer and Intermediaries).
- Identifying and designing continuous improvements to our user experience - through product change, service improvements, and better communications. Ensuring that the development of our user experience is in line with our propositional objectives and brand values.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of our digital service and the quality of all screen design produced either internally or by TCS across TAW, PAW and/or help and support material. Currently this involves assuring TCS design for the TAW changes, though we intend to move toward a model where NEST designs the screens and provides to TCS to implement.
- Champion the user and the user experience throughout the directorate to instil a culture of user centricity.
Experience and technical skills
The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Supporting design and delivery of a large scale online proposition
- Working from a high-level brief to deliver a creative solution for complex business requirements
- Understanding of front end web development and web technologies and how they are used to deliver large scale digital solutions
- Knowledge web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) and how they are applied to design for inclusiveness
- Using Axure to design and maintain complex prototypes
- Producing high quality design documentation including site maps, user journeys, process diagrams, personas, style guidelines and experience maps
- Working within strict brand guidelines and the ability to craft solutions that meet usability and functional design best practice while remaining brand compliant
- Applying customer insight to enhance a user experience
- Designing complex interfaces across varying audiences under many different use cases and functional conditions
- Working with outsourced technology partners and quality controlling their outputs
- Working within technology limitations and finding solutions that are possible to implement whilst not compromising quality or end user experience
Personal attributes required
The role will require someone with the following personal attributes:
- Excellent presentation skills, particularly when communicating creative solutions
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise and manage own work on many simultaneous projects
- First class interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of best practice user experience approaches and how to apply them, and the technologies that combine to create best of breed user experiences
- Able to innovate and constructively challenge the status quo - but pragmatic and willing to compromise when necessary
- Highly motivated, results orientated, confident and credible
- Able to act decisively, especially when under time pressure
- Comfortable and flexible with ambiguity that comes from working in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable learning new technologies and concepts
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- The candidate is likely to be degree educated but the right experience and skills sare more important than educational achievements
- Pension to 10%
- Group Life Assurance
- Group critical illness cover
- Bonus scheme - Bonuses are paid based on exceptional performance only.
- 27 Days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service + all bank holidays
- Birthday leave day and NEST day which is usually on or around Christmas Eve.
- Professional memberships paid - 1 per year and must be relevant to your work at NEST
- Four paid days for volunteering each year
- Enhanced maternity, shared parental, paternity & adoption pay
- Give as you earn scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's