Web Developer - Digital - Drupal / Umbraco - Website/Web apps
|Job Title:||Web Developer - Digital - Drupal / Umbraco - Website/Web apps|
|Salary:||£36000 - £43000 per annum + benefits|
|Start Date:||March 2018|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2018 18:39|
Developer - Digital - Drupal / Umbraco - Website/Web apps - Agile - Cloud Platform
Web developer required for a 12 months fixed term contract based in Glasgow with our public-sector client.
Duties will include but are not limited to -
- Set up and maintain development environments
- Write clean, well-engineered code
- Adhering to development standards and best practices
- Implement testing of development work
- Ensure technical documentation is clear, comprehensive and understood by other members of the team
- Help to shape agile practices and follow an agile development approach
- Extensive stakeholder engagement
Essential skills -
- Educated to SCQF level 7 in a Computer Science subject or related discipline, or have relevant equivalent experience
- Experience with the creation and management of website/web apps in Drupal and/or Umbraco.
- Experience working with existing code, and adding enhancements to established websites
- Experience of working with internal and external suppliers
- Experience of developing to meet accessibility standards
- Experience of writing clean, well-engineered code, respectful of the development standards and best practices
- Understand users and their needs, based on evidence. Able to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs
Desirable skills -
- Experience of working in agile development teams or knowledge of agile principles
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as Acquia, platform.sh, Azure or Pantheon.
- Experience with any other web frameworks and languages, i.e. Angular, React, Silex, Laravel, Symfony or similar.
- Design and UX expertise.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of database query or front-end languages
- Understand the security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Work with analytics and SEO experts to implement technical solutions that we can track and maximise impact
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please send me your CV for consideration.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £0.00 per annum
MS Dynamics CRM Developer
Coventry, West Midlands
£450 - £500 per day
Contract .NET Developer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£350 - £375 per day
Graduate Java Developer - Permanent - Edinburgh
£40000 - £45000 per annum + plus benefits
Front End Developer - HTML / CSS - 6 months - Edinburgh
£300 - £450 per day