Welfare Reform Housing Officer
|Job Title:||Welfare Reform Housing Officer|
|Location:||Giffnock, East Renfrewshire|
|Salary:||Up to £19 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emer Meehan|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2018 11:38|
Housing Office - University Credit / Welfare Reform - 8/10 week contracts
We have a fantastic opportunity for a housing officer with experience of working with Universal Credit / Welfare Reform.
You will be required to develop a range of policy options to permit households affected by housing benefits related welfare changes to mitigate its impact upon their household income.
Duties will include but are not limited to -
- Contacting all tenants affected by Welfare Reform changes
- Undertake Interviews for those affected
- Working with a range of landlords develop a Package of Housing Options suitable for those affected
- Liaise with Money Advice and Welfare Rights officers to ensure household income is maximised
- Assist affected tenants with claims for Discretionary Housing Payments
Essential skills -
- Educated to Degree level of equivalent discipline
- Knowledge of housing policy & legislation
- Knowledge of welfare benefit entitlement
- Experience in policy development
- Experience of dealing with members of the public face to face and over the telephone
- Highly developed ICT skills
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills -
- Housing qualification
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please send me your CV for consideration.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's